I adore this Pilgrim Hat Cookies recipe! It requires no baking, and you can whip them together so easily even the kids won’t have trouble helping you. For those of us firing up in the kitchen and laying the foundation for the Thanksgiving feast ahead, ANY help is WELCOME! Am I right or am I right?
Plus, these little hats look just like pilgrim’s hats making for a perfect, kid friendly touch to your holiday buffet. Kid’s will love them, and as for us big kids, well…not too many of us can decline a Reese’s Miniature when offered one… YUMMY!
Pilgrim Hat Cookies Recipe
Makes 32 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 7 drops yellow food coloring
- 32 miniature peanut butter cups
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) fudge-striped cookies
- 32 pieces orange mini Chiclets gum
1. In a small shallow bowl, combine frosting and food coloring. Remove paper liners from peanut butter cups.
2. Holding the bottom of a peanut butter cup, dip top of cup in yellow frosting. Position over center hole on the bottom of cookie, forming the hatband and crown. Add a buckle of Chiclets gum. Repeat with remaining cups and cookies.
Source: tasteofhome, originally published as Pilgrim Hat Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p34
Nutritional Values for this Cookies Recipe (1 pilgrim’s hat):
- 149 calories
- 6.85 grams fat
- 62.5 milligrams sodium
- 21 grams carbohydrates
- Less than 1 gram fiber
- 1.3 grams protein
I made this pilgrim hat cookies recipe for last year’s Thanksgiving, and they were a huge hit! Not only did everyone comment on how cute they were, but because they were so easy to assemble and keep, I made them a couple days before the holiday, wrapped them tight in a container, and saved myself a bunch of time to work on other dishes the day of! It was ever so easy serving cuteness fashioned just for the Thanksgiving holiday. I love recipes like this one – clever, quick, and easy peasey.
I hope you give this pilgrim hat cookies recipe a try and serve them to the kiddies (big kiddies too) at your holiday feast!
Hats off to you,